Maura W. Sommer
Maura Sommer, of counsel, represents clients in all stages of complex environmental matters in federal and state court, as well as before state agencies. Additionally, Maura works with regulatory agencies, governmental bodies, developers and property owners throughout all stages of environmental investigations and remediation.
She handles compliance, enforcement and third-party actions. Much of her work involves the Comprehensive Environmental Response Compensation and Liability Act (CERCLA), Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) and New York Navigation Law.
Prior to joining Anselmi & Carvelli, LLP, she was associated with a New York City commercial litigation boutique where she defended corporations and their executives in contract disputes and in criminal and civil Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO) matters.
- Albany Law School of Union University, J.D., 2000
- University of Rochester, B.A., Political Science and History, 1997, with honors
- New Jersey, 2005
- New York, 2001
- Massachusetts, 2000
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
Honors and Awards
- Gabrielli Appellate Advocacy Award
- American Inn of Court
- Former editor, New York State Business Law Journal
- Member, St. Vincent Martyr Parish and School