Business Counseling and Transactions
Anselmi & Carvelli, LLP attorneys understand the intricacies of their clients’ businesses as well as their concerns and long-term goals. We have “big firm” experience, but provide the cost-effective and personal attention of a smaller firm.
For decades, our attorneys have given practical advice and have come up with creative options for clients, large and small, on matters such as formation, governance and dissolution, day-to-day legal compliance, and legal and regulatory obstacles.
We assist clients with all aspects of business counseling and transactional advice, from mergers/acquisitions and strategic planning to complex tax, securities and intellectual property matters. And we provide guidance on corporate governance issues, such as conflicts of interest, financial irregularities, oppressed shareholder claims, and internal and external investigations.
Our experience spans industries such as banking, environmental, construction, trucking, health care, packaging and real estate, among others.
Our practice includes:
- Construction law
- Corporate governance and dissolution
- Drafts and negotiation of business contracts
- Environmental law
- Equipment leases
- Formation of corporations/partnerships/limited liability companies
- Intellectual property matters
- Joint ventures
- Labor law
- Lending/financial services/finance issues
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Ownership disputes
- Preparation of bylaws/shareholder agreements/operating agreements
- Real estate transactions
- Securities law
- Strategic planning
- Tax law
- Zoning, planning and land use
If litigation is needed, we also aggressively represent our clients’ interests.
Our recent engagements include:
- Negotiating a client’s acquisition of a distressed healthcare facility through partial assumption of $11 million in existing financing, including renegotiation of covenants and conditions.
- Selling a $14.5 million shopping center and handling related environmental remediation issues.
- Selling a $9.5 million shopping center and handling the related acquisition of a national franchise restaurant and drug store through a 1031 tax-free exchange.
- Advising an assisted-living operator in connection with the sale of a $300 million portfolio to a national REIT and the leaseback of facilities from the REIT.
- Facilitating the $38 million refinancing with multiple lenders of a shopping center portfolio.
- Facilitating the $20 million refinancing of skilled-nursing facilities.
- Negotiating the buyout of a family partner in a $50 million shopping center and real estate portfolio.
- Facilitating the $20 million tax-exempt refinancing of a private school.
- Negotiating a joint venture and the acquisition and refinancing of a $17 million assisted-living facility.
Please contact William P. Munday or Paul F. Carvelli for additional information.
Paul F. Carvelli
Partner and Co-Founder
Paul Carvelli, a partner and co-founder of Anselmi & Carvelli, concentrates his law practice in the area of complex commercial litigation in the federal and state courts.
William P. Munday
Bill Munday, a partner, has more than 30 years of expertise advising clients in corporate, real estate and financing matters. He counsels clients on all aspects of their closely held businesses: formation, capitalization, structure, acquisition/disposition and day-to-day legal issues.
James Harry Oliverio
James Harry Oliverio, an associate, concentrates his practice on general business and commercial litigation in state and federal courts in New Jersey, and state courts in New York.
Robert Bartkus To Speak at ADR Day Sponsored by ICLE
Anselmi & Carvelli, LLP’s Robert E. Bartkus will present on June 5 at the Institute for Continuing Legal Education’s ADR Day 2019: Valuable Tips for Arbitrators and Mediators for Resolving Conflict in a Complicated World. Bob’s panel will focus on “ADR